Why are data analytics skills relevant today?
Data is an integral part of every successful business. Regardless of industry, companies need to learn how to harness data to make critical decisions. In this course, you will gain a robust and marketable skill set that can be applied to almost any industry or profession.
According to IBM, more than 2.7 million data job openings are expected in 2020, and the need for data-driven decision-makers and functional analysts will be most acute. Learning data analytics can help you advance in your current profession or explore a growing field.
What are the backgrounds of data analytics student?
Data Analytics is our best entry-level data course for professionals looking to hone analysis skills and evolve their careers. You’ll find a diverse range of students in the classroom including:
- Data analysts who want to brush up on core techniques and formalise their skill set.
- Digital marketers, sales managers, product managers, UX researchers, and others who deal with large volumes of data on a daily basis.
- Managers who need to tell compelling, data-driven stories to business stakeholders to influence decision-making.
- Career-starters looking for a practical skill set to boost their resumes.
Regardless of their backgrounds, this programme attracts students that are interested in manipulating large data sets to solve problems.
Who teaches this course?
Our instructors represent the best and brightest senior analysts from top companies like Atlassian, Capital One, and Deloitte. They combine in-depth experience as practitioners with a passion for nurturing the next generation of talent.
We work with a large pool of experienced instructors around the world.
Are there any prerequisites?
This is a beginner-friendly programme with no prerequisites. If you are new to data analysis, you will have access to three hours of pre-work to help you prepare for the course, and your Admissions producer may recommend that you take a short Excel workshop. If you already work with basic functions in Excel or have dabbled in SQL, our curriculum will enable you to perform more powerful analyses.
Our Admissions team can discuss your background and learning goals to advise if this course is a good fit for you.
What does my tuition cover?
Here are just some of the things you can expect as a GA student:
- 40 hours of expert instruction in performing defensible data analysis with Excel and SQL and communicating insights with visualization and dashboarding tools.
- 3 hours of self-paced pre-work to brush up on data wrangling in Excel before the course begins.
- Robust coursework, including expert-vetted lesson decks, lab materials, and more. Refresh and refine your knowledge throughout your professional journey as needed.
- A portfolio-ready capstone project built with support from your instructor.
- Individual feedback and guidance from instructors and TAs during office hours. Stay motivated and make the most of your experience with the help of GA’s dedicated team.
- Exclusive access to alumni discounts, networking events, and career workshops.
- A certificate of completion to showcase your new skill set on Linkedin.
- Connections with a professional network of instructors and peers that lasts well beyond the course. The global GA community can help you navigate and succeed in the data analytics field.
Will I receive certificate?
Yes! Upon passing this course, you will receive a data analytics certificate. Thousands of GA alumni use their course certificate to demonstrate skills to employers and their Linkedin network. GA’s Data Analytics course is well-regarded by many top employers, who contribute to our curriculum and use our data courses to train their own teams.
Can I work full-time while enrolled in this course?
Yes! All of our part-time courses are designed for busy professionals with full-time work commitments.
You’ll be expected to spend time working on homework and projects outside of class each week, but the workload is designed to be manageable with a full-time job.
If you need to miss a session or two, we offer resources to help you catch up. We recommend you discuss any planned absences with your instructor.
What Projects will I work on during the course?
For your capstone project, you’ll select a real-world data set for exploration and apply all of the techniques covered throughout the course to solve a problem. You’ll craft a problem statement, prepare technical documentation, and communicate findings through a stakeholder presentation. You’ll graduate with a polished, portfolio-ready project to showcase your analytical and visualisation skills. We encourage you to tackle a problem that’s related to your work or a passion project you’ve been meaning to carve out time for.
While 1-week students will concentrate on their capstone piece, 10-week students will complete two additional, smaller projects that designed to reinforce what you’ve learned in each unit. Note that the vast majority of project development will be completed outside of class.
Are there payment plans available?
Once you've registered, our Admissions Team will follow up and discuss with you the options available catering to your need.