Data Science Instructor
We are looking for experts in Data Science to become part of our pool of expert instructors. By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to share your knowledge with others, develop your mentorship and teaching skills, build your personal brand and join a global community of Data Science experts.
Our instructors come from a variety of backgrounds including full-time working professionals, freelancers and academics. What they share in common is a passion for sharing their knowledge and industry insights to build talent.
If you are selected to become part of our instructor pool, you will automatically be considered for instructor roles whenever relevant teaching opportunities arise. In general, we offer both online and onsite learning. Our part-time bootcamp classes are 2-3 hours in the evenings for 10 weeks. Our instructor manager will contact you to see if you are available to teach during the required times.
- Instruct learners on topics ranging from data science fundamentals e.g. Python programming concepts and the uses of GitHub, navigating data sources and utilising UNIX command, visualizing data through Python libraries, exploratory data analysis, classical statistical modelling, machine learning models, and more.
- Prepare in advance for classes using the curriculum developed by General Assembly
- Review and provide feedback on assessments and classwork
- Provide insights into life in the industry
Skills and Qualifications:
- Lead Instructor - Minimum 5 years working experience in Data Science either in academia or industry
- Teaching Assistant - Less than 5 years with work experience in the industry and/or a relevant degree qualification e.g. Data Science
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for teaching and mentoring others
- Flexible Scheduling - Choose a timing that works for you
- On-Going Training - Opportunity to train, research, and learn in the field of software engineering
- Global Connection - Collaborate with a growing network of fellow instructors and active Software Engineering communities
- Competitive pay - Opportunity to earn an additional income at an industry competitive rate